What are the aphrodisiacs?
Throughout history, people have used many ways to increase sexual desire and maintain its potency.
The word aphrodisiac comes from Aphrodite, the Greek goddess who represents the sexual impulse, procreation and the power of love. Generally related to olfactory and tactile experiences related to food. Images are linked closely with inducing conceptual libidinous thoughts and impulses.
Occasionally, some aphrodisiacs often have the expected results and others, when they are not ingested in the right way, can become harmful and dangerous. Therefore, they must be taken in small doses.
Its effectiveness has been transcending over the years through legends and folk tales, despite the absence of medical or scientific approval stating these beliefs. However, what can be proven is that dining in a romantic atmosphere with good company ultimately produces a euphoric feeling that brings the feeling of wellbeing, physical and emotional comfort.
In China they are used in medicine and where herbal elaborated, such as ginseng a root that promotes longevity and sexual vigor. Phallic-looking plants such as carrots and asparagus gained reputation with the Saxons.
Alcohol is often regarded as an aphrodisiac for its disinhibiting property. But if it is abused, the effects are often critics of sex, especially for men.
Meet some of them and discover how effective they are.
According to Hindu erotology, mixing aphrodisiacs like wild rice or honey in equal proportions increases the erotic power. British people attribute to rice the ability to increase sexual powers.
Aphrodisiacs considered by the ancients as effective in the battles of love, offer to cook snails with onion, garlic and parsley, fry in olive oil and cooked in a strong red wine again. Snail meat and wine was very popular among the Romans.
Include in your romantic encounter aphrodisiacs such as champagne, chocolates and pleasant scents such as vanilla.
Since roman times the oysters have been regarded as powerful aphrodisiacs. Considered as one of the classic aphrodisiac, oysters are very nutritious and rich in protein. It is sometimes associated with success to its resemblance to female genitalia.
Shrimp and other seafood
Most of the seafood, especially shrimp, have been identified as major aphrodisiac sex enhancers. Fish is considered as an erotic support for its erotic content of phosphorus and iodine. Eel, salmon, tuna and hake species are highlighted for their aphrodisiac effect.
It is an aromatic plant which is credited to give sexual force. Indian recipe recommends mixing fennel juice, milk with honey, ghee from buffalo milk, licorice and sugar. In some Mediterranean regions it is believed that fennel soup is a good stimulant.
To achieve sexual supremacy, Indians recommend hawthorn apples, black pepper, honey and white pepper to make an ointment. In medieval Germany it was believed that an apple dipped in the sweat of a woman is a fabulous stimulant.
Do not forget to acclimate your date with songs that incite romance and pleasure.
Other natural aphrodisiacs
One of the best aphrodisiac, but it takes at least five days for the effect to kick in. The best way to ingest it is fasting. Its grains look like the sperm and because of this it is considered more beneficial for men than for women. The most used form is fasting and chewing it. The time period is fifteen days, resting for two weeks and returning to it again. In the interval in, which you rest, more hormones are produced. After a week the sperm count will grow.
- >Shark Fin: Chinese food dish, one of the secrets of fertility in china and one of the most popular aphrodisiacs.
- >Royal Jelly: is a great stimulant it takes a while to get an effect but provides safe and effective results.
- >Brown sugar: when people consume low levels of sugar it causes an increased production of adrenaline and this hormone blocks favorable responses to sex.
- >Celery: if taken in broth can have greater aphrodisiac effects, in addition with beets it is great but be careful to mix it with lettuce because its effects are canceled.
- >Tan: when mixed with gentle liquors, the effects are immediate.
- >Raspberry: aphrodisiacs such as this are best suited for women as it helps to relax the sexual organs.
- >Ginseng: a warm tea, fifteen minutes before the session, is a completely safe potion. This is one of the aphrodisiac formulas that help the male force.
- >Figs: it is a sweet fruit. The ancient Egyptian and Greek gods always appeared with necklaces of figs, and even came to regard as sacred the fig tree.
- >Malva: these herbs help relax the tension, when we drink it in infusions we relax enough, while our passion increases.
- >Nut: aphrodisiacs such as nuts were present in all ancient wedding nights, even in Chinese desserts.
- >Pepper: you can add it to tomato juice or any drink you want, as long as your stomach is not sensitive.
- >Parsley: if added to salads can give a new twist.
- >Romero: along with mint can be a good tonic, for after dinner.
- >Truffle: apparently it stimulates and sensitizes the skin when touched. The Greeks and Romans believed that the truffle was an aphrodisiac.
- >Date: Another sacred fruit for the Moors. The safety of its effect is total.
- >Honey: The phrase; going to honeymoon, was not silly, it was customary to give lovers jars of honey to assure success in their first amorous encounters.
- >Dandelion: known to restore lost energy.
- >Strawberry: stimulates the endocrine glands and nervous system.
- >Poleo: It is good for women as it stimulates the production of female hormones.
- >Soy: It often restores sexual dysfunctions.
- >Vitamins C and E: C acts on the endocrine glands in general and vitamin E has a direct influence because it acts on the reproductive organs.
- >Avocado: The Aztecs called "Ahuacuatl" which means "testicle tree." This delicious fruit of a particular texture can strengthened his powers with black pepper and balsamic vinegar.
- >Bananas: aphrodisiacs rich in potassium and vitamin B, necessary for sex hormone production.
The anti-aphrodisiacs... Caution!
Tabaco is considered as an inhibitor of erection and this is because chewing or smoking it constricts blood vessels. Therefore, not only damages the cardiovascular system but also reduces blood flow to the penis.
Similarly, the alcohol consumed in excessive amounts can lead to testosterone decreases and weakens the sexual responses.
LSD heightens sexual problems, is an illegal drug that was in vogue in the seventies and in the same way that tabaco and alcohol cause sexual dysfunction.
There are some foods considered bad sex escorts or anti-aphrodisiacs, such as pumpkin, watermelon, lettuce and cucumber.
Some medications can affect sexual performance; some may even lead to impotence. Anxiolytics are some of them and the writer Nancy L. Nickell mentions some of these:
- >Chlordiazepoxido: Used to combat anxiety and has muscle relaxant properties. It is a medicine derived from benzodiazepines.
- >Oxazepam: also used for anxiety and agitation caused by alcohol withdrawal.
- >Clorazepate: in acute cases it can be prescribed to help control epilepsy, stress, fatigue, seizure disorders and panic attacks.
- >Meprobamate: Used as a tranquilizer and anticonvulsant.
Also antidepressants such as those mentioned below in its generic name, cause sexual dysfunction and impotence and act as anti-aphrodisiacs: Nortriptyline, Desipramine, Doxepin, Fluoxetine, Imipramine Isocarboxazid, Paroxetine, Phenelzine, Tranylcypromine and Sertraline and Amitriptyline.
A romantic dinner
Wait for some more recipes soon, to make your romantic evening really special and exciting. Try these tips that include aphrodisiac ingredients.
1 pound large shrimp
½ pound butter
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons oil
½ teaspoon parsley
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 oz Sambuca romana (liquor)
The seafood dishes are always considered powerful aphrodisiacs.
Peel the shrimp, remove the tails and rinse thoroughly. Heat the butter and oil in a skillet, add shrimp, garlic, parsley, lemon juice and one ounce of Sambuca.
Cook until shrimp turns pink. Besides, heat the other ounce of Sambuca, pour it into a pan and heat is turned on, when it is done, serve it as a dip for shrimp.
If it is for aphrodisiacal effect, you can do this other recipe as a main dish if your partner does not like seafood...
Ham sauce flavored with raspberry vinegar
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 bag of raspberry tea
4 slices of smoked ham 2 ounces each
½ cup beef broth
Heat the vinegar in a small saucepan and add the tea bag. Remove from heat and let stand until partially cooled. Then brown the slices of ham, remove the tea bags and pour vinegar mixture into the pan. Heat to medium-high heat and scrape the bottom to remove waste. Cook until sauce is reduced by half. To finish, cut rolls in half and toast. Place slices on them and bathe them with sauce.
You can serve it with a dessert...
Iced Coffee Dessert
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups of espresso
½ teaspoon coffee powder
1 tablespoon grated orange rind
2 cups vanilla ice cream
Dissolve the cocoa powder with hot coffee. You add the cinnamon and orange zest and start to cool it in the refrigerator.
Place coffee mixture with ice cream in a food processor or blender until it becomes very smooth. Serve in mugs or tall glasses and serve, sprinkle cocoa.
Cheese cake with macadamia nuts and strawberries
For the shell do:
22 dry butter based cookie
200 grams of macadamia
120 grams melted butter
Cookies are split and blend. Macadamia nuts are added and blend again until well blended and incorporated into a glass container which must be greased with butter and well mixed. Refrigerate until it is compact.
For the filling:
3 packages of cream cheese
1 can of condensed milk
160 grams of macadamia
2 boxes of strawberries
Blend together cream cheese, condensed milk, eggs, 160 grams of macadamia nuts and strawberries.
Pour on the shells and place it in the preheated oven for half an hour at 350 degrees. Is expected to cool and placed over the strawberries in half crosswise items without leaves.
Refrigerate until firm.
Some liquor aphrodisiacs... enjoy!...
The mixture of liquors that compose it, make it one of the aphrodisiacs that bring long and pleasant benefits.
¾ oz of gin
½ ounce lemon juice
Pour ingredients into a tall glass, except the orange juice, ice is added to three quarters of the glass and finish filling it with orange juice. You can do variations of the drink; seven drinks can be mixed but always has to be white.
2 oz Malibu
4 ounces passion fruit juice
½ ounce heavy cream
Mix the ingredients in a blender and add three ice cubes.
1 ounce vodka
¾ ounces pineapple juice
¾ ounce lemon juice
1 egg white
Mix the ingredients in a shaker with ice, strain and serve immediately in a short glass with ice. Garnish with two cherries cut in half to boost the aphrodisiac power.
1 ounce vodka
2 ounces orange juice
Ingredients are served in a glass with ice
1 ounce peach schnapps
1 ounce Malibu
2 ounces vodka
4 ounces pineapple juice
1 dash of grenadine
Mix in shaker with enough ice.
1 ounce tequila
1 ounce triplesec
½ ounce of guava juice
6 hits lemon juice
Blend together all ingredients with ice. Guava juice should be well cast.
Isle of the blessed coconut
Because of its high content of coconut is considered an aphrodisiac.
1 ounce white rum
½ ounce coconut cream
¼ ounce orange juice
1 teaspoon sugar
Natural coconut bits
Blend all ingredients and serve previously frozen in a glass can be introduced into it bits of coconut.
½ ounce white rum
1 ¼ ounces of pineapple juice
¼ ounces of grape juice
After you have liquated it serve it in a big glass. It is quite an aphrodisiac.
It is very exciting for the bubbles that it has.
1 ½ ounce of champagne
¾ ounces of orange juice
A little cherry concentrate
Previously cooled champagne is served directly into a flute glass and add cherry concentrate.
1 ounce white rum
¼ red Cinzano (sweet red wine)
¼ ounce of coconut cream
2 ounces of natural pineapple juice
2 ounces of orange juice
A few drops of grenadine
Blend together all ingredients and serve it in a big glass.